The demand for services in the field of cybersecurity has increased significantly in companies throughout the world. Consequently, the search for specialized professionals in the area is growing at the same proportion and speed.
In this way, the demand for cybersecurity courses, aimed at protecting systems connected to the Internet, is also growing, including hardware, software, data, cyber threats and malicious attacks. Therefore, investing in an IT career or cybersecurity career is to ensure a promising journey, with very attractive salaries.
Broad set of knowledge and coordination of efforts
In addition to the increase in virtual attacks, there are a number of reasons that have been driving the demand for cybersecurity professionals. Examples are the emergence of new technologies, such as 5G, the Internet of Things, autonomous vehicles and Industry 4.0. And the General Data Protection Law – LGPD.
One of the roles of the cybersecurity professional is to ensure the security of the company. Through a broad set of knowledge and coordination of efforts throughout the information system, which includes:
- Application security;
- Cloud security (cloud);
- Network security;
- Disaster recovery / business continuity planning;
- Operational safety;
- End-user education.
Main fronts of action in the cybersecurity career?
The cybersecurity professional is responsible for the security of everything that is connected to the internet and/or that works by software in a company. Cybersecurity must identify all the vulnerable points of the business in the digital environment and systems in order to prevent access to virtual attacks, which should also be simulated.
The professional needs to act preventively, anticipating the facts to protect and strengthen the security of information, processes and database. In this way, it avoids the interruption of services and other losses to the company. Get to know, then, the main fronts of action for the cybersecurity professional:
- Platform Security
- Seeks to preserve the efficiency of the digital business. It involves projection, implementation and adjustments in robust and secure environments for companies and users.
- Digital Identity
- Uses cloud technology through specific tools to ensure access to corporate services, only for authorized persons.
- Data Security
- To protect all information that cannot be accessed by third parties, thus avoiding endangering the company and its customers.
- Integrated Risk Management
- To structure cybersecurity there is a need to implement the technology with the application of contextual controls, automation systems, tools for risk management and governance consolidation.
How to start a cybersecurity career?
Lately, a career in cybersecurity has been one of the priorities of IT management. It is, as we have already said, the professional dedicated to ensuring that the information of a person or company is protected against virtual attacks.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity, check out 4 fundamental tips:
- Take technology courses
- They keep people up to date on industry threats. They also help enrich learning with new information protection skills and techniques.
- Get a degree in technology
- Expands knowledge about computer science, preparing and empowering the student to master the resources of digital devices. College can be completed in 4 years.
- Go to conferences and technology events
- It is another way for the cybersecurity professional to keep up to date on the trends in your industry. And also create a network of contacts to present future projects and search for jobs.
- Ensure certificates of courses focused on cybersecurity
- The search for these certifications contributes to ensuring that the recruiters of the technology professional act in accordance with international quality standards.
Cybersecurity courses and Information Technology career
Cybersecurity is one of several areas that are part of Information Technology. Both IT graduates and non-graduates can specialize by taking complementary courses in cybersecurity.
Unlike Computer Engineer or Systems Analyst courses, which require a degree, to be an expert in cybersecurity you do not need to go to college.
However, the professional needs to have knowledge in the area, be trained and certified to apply for the available vacancies. There are even online courses on the market for professionals working in the IT area. And courses in the corporate model for universities, such as those offered by Ascend Education.
The goal of the institution, which has dozens of years of experience in teaching Information Technology, is to help people improve their knowledge by boosting their careers.
Ascend Education can be your partner in learning. See the available courses focused on cybersecurity.